Sunday, November 26, 2006

New & Old

Finally managed to free up some time to resuscitate my blog. I have updated the design somewhat, even tried to upgrade some of the html-code (failed miserably) and posted some pictures of our son and the Belgian building project (see right hand side of the home page).

Progress on the real estate venture has leveled off a bit, but this should not come as a surprise given the relatively wet Autumn that the regions of Bonheiden, Mechelen have experienced lately. So far, the May finishing date is not under threat yet. Whilst London is seeing less rainfall than Rome, you can't talk about a water shortage in the Brussels region.

Also met up with some ex-colleagues from MMS International this week, and it was a shame I couldn't stay long as I hadn't seen most of the faces for a long time. One of the missing faces was Elisabeth's, who is currently traveling in Guatemala. A truly fantastic holiday destination which I recommend to all - Tikal at sunset is simply earth shattering! I'm sure she will be traveling with Jethro, who has now finished writing a biography of Ronaldinho, the world's finest footballer since Pele (now available on Amazon.com).

I occurs to me that the two (Elisabeth and Jethro) are there because of me. I actually funded their first get-togethers in London, making sure that Jethro - who was working in my team at the time - had a good relationship with our in-house Scandinavia analyst. In fact, it is probably up to me that the two could end up getting married and starting a family. In other words, I might have accidentally created a baby. And not with my wife! Whoops. And not just one baby. They could end up having two or three. And their offspring could have babies of their own. Without me and my stupid advice, those babies would never be conceived. Instead, the two people might end up with other people and then other babies would be conceived instead of…wait-a-minute. I just realised I might have accidentally denied life to thousands of potential babies. Am I the Pol Pot of advice givers?